Our Year 6 Transition to High School program targets the emotional well-being of young people moving from primary school to high school. It is delivered during term 4 to year 6 classes in all five primary schools in Kiama Local Government area.
We highlight positive and realistic situations a young person would encounter at high school and coping mechanism for stress, finding supportive networks, and where and how to seek help.
Our program covers:
- stress and how to identify the symptoms
- resilience skills
- information about SENTRAL and how to access our support services when needed
- information about other support services
- positive aspects of high school that students can look forward to
- how to make the most of social media and what to do if something goes wrong
- tips for navigating new friendships.
Feedback from schools
“The program compliments the school curriculum regarding health and well-being.”– Kiama Primary School
“The content was very relevant and fun for the students to engage with.”– St. Peters And Paul’s Parish Primary School
“Great engaging presenters.”– Minnamurra Primary School